Marianas Trench
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here you can talk about anything that has to do with Marianas Trench, You can even RP! And dont worrie, there will be off topic places where you can talk about anything!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chain-mail or 'pass it on' PM messages are against the rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
+Fix Me+
Admin
+Fix Me+

Chain-mail or 'pass it on' PM messages are against the rules Empty
PostSubject: Chain-mail or 'pass it on' PM messages are against the rules   Chain-mail or 'pass it on' PM messages are against the rules EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 6:38 pm

If you get any weird messages from people which tell you to pass the message on to as many people as possible, report the person who sent it and do nothing else with it. Do not pass it on to anyone else.

Passing these messages on is against the rules. These messages are considered to be 'spam'. They are not a personal message, so there is no reason to send these things in private messages. It's not a private message, it's just copy-pasted nonsense which has nothing to do with the person you're sending it to. The recipients didn't ask for this kind of information and aren't expecting to receive it. It's a waste of time for them to open their mail expecting a private message and instead get a bunch of garbage about how if they don't pass it on then they're not a true friend or something bad will happen etc.

Some of the chain-mail being sent around contains fake stories designed to guilt or scare you into passing it on. They're just scary stories, not real, and nothing bad will happen if you don't send them on. In fact, if you send them on, you will receive a board warning, so it's better not to.

If you don't know what I'm talking about then you probably haven't received one anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{ This will not be taken lightly, as it is
1 spam and 2 some users may take
them seriously, I'm not going to lie,
the 1st time I saw a chain letter I
was scared half to death, I am still
scared of that one, but I have to
remember they are fake and
nothing will happen if I dont send it,
so I dont.

Also if i find out you send chain mail
even if some one else sent it to you
first you and the sender(s) will get a
warrning.

Thanks

-- +Fix Me+

--------------------------------------------------------------

Example of Chain letter/pm
DO NOT COPY AND PAST THIS ANY WHERE!!

About 6 years ago in Indiana, Carmen Winstead was pushed down a sewer opening by 5 girls in her school, trying to embarrass her in front of her school during a fire drill. When she didn't submerge the police were called. They went down and brought up 17 year old Carmen Winstead's body, her neck broke hitting the ladder, then side concrete at the bottom. The girls told everyone she fell... They believed them.

FACT: 2 months ago, 16 year old David Gregory read this post and didn't repost it. When he went to take a shower he heard laughter from his shower, he started freaking out and ran to his computer to repost it, He said goodnight to his mom and went to sleep, 5 hours later his mom woke up in the middle of the night cause of a loud noise, David was gone, that morning a few hours later the police found him in the sewer, his neck broke and his face skin peeled off.

If you don't repost this saying "She was pushed" or "They pushed her down a sewer" Then Carmen will get you, either from a sewer, the toilet, the shower, or when you go to sleep you'll wake up in the sewer, in the dark, then Carmen will come and kill you.

this is NOT real do not repost!
Back to top Go down
https://marianastrench.board-directory.net

Chain-mail or 'pass it on' PM messages are against the rules
Page 1 of 1